Friday, September 26, 2014

My Favorite Time of the Year

FAll is here!  I love the weather, windows open, a cool breeze.  I love shorts with sweatshirts or pants with tank tops.  LOVE it.

Time to take a deep breath and try to catch up.

We are finally into the swing of school, and sports (thankfully only ONE kid does sports- Julia). 

We are getting through our first colds of the season and a really super duper bad case of poison ivy (it is currently my turn with the cold).


I have been babysitting mornings the last week, and while it has totally sucked my studio time away (I am NOT good at time management or new schedules) I am really enjoying my nephew.  My nieces were little when my kids were, and we were all so busy, I never got this one on one time with them.  So, I am enjoying it a lot. And he is learning to talk and just at that plain old adorable age. 

This is why everything is taking me twice as long this week. (like getting beads listed)

I did get a big magazine submission done, and I am almost ready to submit a couple of class proposals for Beadfest Spring in Philly. I hope they get accepted, because I think they will be a really fun time!  More polymer painting, but some different ways to use it.  You will have to wait to see. 


I also managed to make a little batch of beads while working on my class samples.  I made some sugar skulls, spider webs and eye beads, with Halloween in mind, but I love these designs anytime of year. 


I think there may still be a set available in the shop

I also made these really cool moon and spiderweb sets.  To me, these are fall, full moons, spider webs to dodge on fall hikes in the woods.  I am just loving them.  (they are in the shop as well)




There are some new bronze beads in the shop as well.  I spent the early part of the week listing while I was babysitting in the morning.

In other news, I have local art show on Saturday (tomorrow)- the Souderton Art Jam.  Last year was the first year for this show, and it was a blast!  We really enjoyed it.  So if you are local, come on out and say hi....Julia and I will be there selling my wares (and she will have some of hers for sale too)!


It felt really good to finally get back to jewelry making after the marathon that was Beadfest!  I finally got to play with my own polymer beads, and some of the great beads I aquired at beadfest as well.

Here are my newest earrings

These are some other new designs.  As you can see, I couldn't wait to use my newest fall / sugar skull beads



Every year, I try to think of a new "simple" design- something along the lines of pendants.  I know my pieces can be busy, and big, and complicated.  And sometimes, I know I just want a simple easy piece of jewelry.  The problem is that most times, they don't sell, because I think they can't compete with the big bold pieces in my booth.  However, I am really happy with the newest design this year.  Its bold, chunky, and different, yet very wearable everyday!



So, now I just need to find everything and price everything and pack everything for my show.  Wish me luck!!!  and I hope to see you there!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your beads are wonderful and so is your new jewelry. Sounds like you have been very busy. I hope you get rid of your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niet om ze nog steeds te noemen vier personen, die oorspronkelijk uggs sale nederland vier studenten. auto te ugg classic short sale stoppen, maar ook om een waarheid te begrijpen, er leven is is er hoop. De held is niet bang voor de dood rinkelen iedereen, zelfs de twee mensen uggs sale nederland uggs sale nederland hoofd toen ze uggs bailey button sale eindelijk begon te smeken om genade. Ze eindelijk begrijpen de waarheid dat is de uggs sale nederland doodsteek mantis proberen om de binnen is er een zacht ei.

    ReplyDelete